OK, so it’s half of the peninsula – the part that’s built. I’m glad I did not build the whole thing because there would be no room to do any work with these big sheets of hardboard. Serendipity strikes again!
Both sides have been spackled, as well as the other 4 surfaces on the North wall (visible in the background). I find it that I have to spackle twice because the screw holes do stay fully filled and remain exposed. One reason it seems is that when spackling compound dries, it shrinks. Maybe I’m doing this wrong, but I don’t put heavy coats on, as it would take a long time to dry. We’ll see what happens when I lightly sand it…probably it will strip everything I did so back to square one. Sigh.